Monday, April 30, 2012

Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes

AHHH ... Stumble upon.  My friend decided to introduce me to it by making me an account thanks... (you know who you are).  Well during my stressful week I was able to find so many more baking endeazvours
I would love to try.  This being one of them.   http://www.handletheheat.com/2010/02/cookies-cream-cheesecake-cupcakes.html.  I immediately decided I MUST make them.  So on a crazy wild Friday night I went over to a friends and we went for it.  Armed with a bottle of wine and some great company (thanks Sarah).  A great Friday was had.



To start off we needed to get a few things from the grocery store (and yes non-name brand Oreos work).  We decided to try to go easy on the fat by splitting it up with half light cream cheese and half regular.  A pound of cream cheese is a lot.
some of the ingredients plus wine (super important)
a pound of cream cheese *YIKES* at least half of it is low fat
You SHOULD let it warm to room temperature like the recipe says don't skip that part.  Even with a wonderful kitchen aide appliance it is far to tacky.
  

Wish I owned one
So once it did become room temperature we set that thing to high and just watched the magic.  You add sugar, vanilla, and sour cream.  Go Sarah adding that sour cream.
My Friend Sarah helping and letting us use equipment :-)

After the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and sour cream are fully combined, you add crushed cookies.

somehow one of my favorite parts, crushing things
somehow destruction makes me slightly manic
whip till smooth...
After the crushed cookies are added we whipped them up in there.
tins with the "oreo crust"


Then just put the liners in a cupcake tin add and Oreo and you are off.
   You scoop the cheesecake mixture on top of the cookies.  I left a little filling leeway on the top, did not want that overflow.

Fill tins evenly we used a 1/3 cup 
Filling the tins was actually kind of really messy. Since it is kind of gloppy.  After filling all of the tins you stick it in the oven for 22 minutes and turn the pan half way through the process.  So while we wait WINE!!!

wait... drinking wine seems like the best plan
After they come out you have to wait at least four hours or over night to firm up entirely.
when they come out

finished product
The Finished Product:
So yummy
So far all of my friends are raving about them.  Ironically one was the one who introduced me to Stumbleupon

No comments:

Post a Comment